Friday, April 18, 2014

My hair product must haves

Let me start by saying I have long, straight, semi- thick, dark brown hair. I have pretty much always had long hair, except one time in highschool when I chopped it to my chin and immediately regret it. I like having options, up or down, curled or straight, top knot or long side braid, those types of things. Anyways, lets get to the products!



Having tried TONS of dry shampoos I can confidently tell you that the Dove Dry Shampoo is a great one- best part: it's under $5! It doesn't show up chalky even in my dark brown hair and it really hides greasy roots.

My second favorite is Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray  and in my opinion works better on adding volume to clean hair. I love that it gives some lift to my heavy hair, but since it is more expensive, I save it for special occasions.

I love to use Not Your Mother's Beach Baby Sea Salt Texturizing Spray in the spring & summer right after washing my hair and the smell cannot be beat- you instantly feel beachy and it gives a great texture to hair if you spray on wet and let air dry. 

My last two favorite products are by OGX (Organix) and they are the Weightless Healing Dry Oil Spray. I use the oil before blow drying and love how soft it makes my hair and the Elevated Finish Spray is the only hair spray I will use! It has great hold but doesn't make your hair hard and crunchy. 

Everything except the Oribe (salons or department stores like Neiman Marcus) can be found at Target or Walgreens. I would love to hear your must have products, or your opinions on these ones! 

Xoxo Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. My hair can get dried out really quickly (except for my roots - which are the exact opposite, of course) - so after almost every shower I use Mane 'n Tail Hair Strengthener/Daily leave-in conditioner! I love it.

    http://www.iherb.com/Mane-n-Tail-Hair-Strengthener-Daily-Leave-In-Conditioning-Treatment-6-fl-oz-178-ml/41592?gclid=CNi_xP2p-b0CFRFp7Aodh2IAZg&gclsrc=aw.ds

    I have also NOT liked Suave because it is so cheap and has never been great for my hair... but after using some coupons I got their new conditioner for free and I LOVE the smell and really feel like it's been awesome for my hair.

    http://www.suave.com/product/detail/667167/natural-infusion-awapuhi-anti-breakage-shampoo-conditioner

    ReplyDelete