Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Fun Summer Breakfast Ideas!

In an attempt to eat healthier I've been making a smoothie for breakfast every morning. For some reason my son will not drink smoothies if they're green, but if they're pink he's all for it! My daughter on the other hand, will try anything! They both love to help me in the kitchen and recipes that don't need to be perfectly measured out are always easiest. Some frozen fruit, spinach, kale, about a cup of orange juice and a handful of ice cubes in the blender makes this an easy pink drink. 



In this house we also LOVE waffles! My sister in law got us an awesome waffle iron and I usually make the batter from scratch make a ton of waffles and freeze some for later. When our freezer stash is gone and I don't have time to whip some up we love nutra grain waffles. A little peanut butter and some chocolate chips inside of a folded waffle makes a super quick and easy waffle taco! Perfect when the kids are wanting to run around outside or when we have a busy morning. 



What are your favorite summer breakfast ideas? I'd love to hear!

Xoxo Lindsey


No comments:

Post a Comment