Monday, April 28, 2014

Clarisonic Mia vs. Olay Pro-x


If you've opened up a magazine in the past few months you know that facial cleansing brushes are all the rage. I read blogs and many articles about women being OBSESSED with their Clarisonic face brushes. They claim to completely change your skin, making it soft, healthy, and clear of breakouts! 

Not wanting to spend the $125 that the cheapest Clarisonic brush costs (they range from $125-$225) I got online to see if there were any cheaper alternatives. There are tons! I decided to get the Olay Pro-x. They have them everywhere, but I got mine at Target for around $30-any excuse to go there! The face wash that came with it did nothing for me so I used it along with my favorite St. Ives apricot scrub and Clinique's liquid facial soap (alternating days so I wouldn't over exfoliate)

I did notice my skin was softer and didn't break out as much. I still had some blackheads on my nose that I was really hoping it would get rid of, but it still looked better than before using the brush. I was pretty happy with it! 

This past Christmas I got a Sephora gift card from my wonderful mother in law (thank you!!) and decided to spend it on a Clarisonic brush to see if there really was a difference. I got the Clarisonic Mia in turquoise because I didn't think I needed multiple speeds and the Mia had one button, one speed. 

Again, the face wash that came with it did nothing for me so I went back to my usual Clinique and St. Ives. After only a few days I noticed a huge difference on my nose- no more tiny ugly blackheads! I have always been so self conscious about my nose so this was a huge relief. My skin otherwise was about the same as it was using the Pro-x- soft and breakout free for the most part.

The major differences between the two brushes:
Olay Pro-x: battery operated and the head spins in a circle
Clarisonic Mia: you plug it in to charge and the head vibrates or pulses like an electric toothbrush

Really, they are both great options for stepping up your skincare routine! Do you use either of these brushes? What face wash do you think works best? If love to hear!

Xoxo Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment