Friday, June 6, 2014

Broccoli Slaw Spaghetti


Lets start by saying I'm on a very low carb diet right now and have been for a few weeks. While the weightloss is great, I'm starting to REALLY crave bread and pasta! I got on Pinterest in search of low carb alternatives and I'm going to tell you about one of my new favorites! 

First you take a bag of broccoli slaw, and put it in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil. I cooked mine on medium heat for about five mintues. Then I added some homemade turkey meatballs and marinara sauce to the pan and let that cook for a few minutes. When the sauce started bubbling I dumped it all into a bowl and sprinkled on a little parmesan cheese and TA DA! Spaghetti! 


To my surprise it tasted like pasta and was really good! I will defiantly be adding broccoli slaw to my weekly grocery list and experimenting with different sauces.

What are your favorite pasta alternatives? Is love to hear!

Xoxo Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, that's interested! I've never heard of that as an alternative to regular pasta. I've heard spaghetti squash is a good alternative to pasta, but I haven't tried it out yet.

    ReplyDelete