Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My BB Cream Obsession


About a year ago I decided I needed to step up my makeup game. All I was really using on a daily basis was concealer, for my dark under eye circles, eye liner, mascara, and blush. At first I thought I needed to go buy foundation, but wasn't ready to put something so heavy on my face just yet. Ive been pretty lucky and have never had to deal with any major skin issues aside from the occasional pimple. Anyways on one of my many trips to the greatest store on earth, AKA Target, I decided to pick up some BB cream and see what I thought. 
 
This is when the obsession started. Over the past year I've tried eight, yes eight, different brands. One was so terrible I wont even waste your time talking about it, except for saying don't waste your time or money on the Rimmel BB cream. Moving on!
 
 The first brand I tried was Covergirl (can be found here!) and I LOVED it! It evened my skin tone without feeling heavy and had a super sheer coverage that was exactly what I was looking for. Fast forward a few weeks and add a few pimples and I was not feeling like the Covergirl cream was cutting it. I needed something a little thicker that offered more coverage.
 
While at Ulta I grabbed Almay's Smart shade CC cream (can be found here!) after reading on pinterest that it would help to cover up my flaws a little better. I loved how light this cream felt on my skin and the coverage that it offered but it still wasn't thick enough. My skin needed some help!

Time for another trip to the store! This time I came home with Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream (can be found here!) Again, this one evened my skin tone, but the best part was it was a thicker coverage while still feeling light on my face! It was exactly what I was looking for.

After trying and loving these great creams I started picking up different brands to try whenever I found them on sale at Target, Walgreens, or Ulta. Maybelline also now makes a Dream Pure BB Cream (can be found here!) that contains 2% Salicylic Acid to help with acne treatment. I've found that the Dream Pure is a more matte finish and a little bit thicker coverage.

The last three creams give a VERY sheer coverage perfect for summer time. They are all very moisturizing and offer SPF ranging from SPF 15- 50. (All of the creams I tried have SPF!)

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream SPF 15 (can be found here!)
 
Physicans Formula Super BB Cream SPF 30 (can be found here!) 
 
Loreal Silky Sheer BB Face Lotion SPF 50 (can be found here!) 
 
Do you use BB Cream? What is your favorite? Id love to hear!
 
xoxo Lindsey


No comments:

Post a Comment